PROPit - Wind power generation for Commercial Vessels
Marine wind power
PROPit has developed marine turbine technology to enhance current wind power solutions for mobile marine applications. To provide both propulsion and electricity.
The PROPit technology is based on solid theoretical calculations made by the company as an integrated part of the development process. An independent second opinion has been delivered in a study made by researchers and their associates, at the Chalmer’s Technical University in Gothenburg, which verifies both the technology’s feasibility and its potential.
Two different cases were analyzed, one for a VLCC with 260 000 dwt and one for a product tanker with 11 000 dwt. Fuel savings ranging from 15 to 28% for the larger and between 6 and 16% for the smaller ship have been established with high certainty in both studies. Naturally, a large number of influencing factors and assumptions must be accounted for when making such quantitative statements, but these numbers clearly justify further development and trials
Propit improves operational economy
- Because scientific calculations verify that ships can save up to 28 percent in fuel consumption.
- Because it can efficiently provide electrical power for the ships internal needs, enhancing power efficiency
- Because reduced fuel consumption means reduced emissions.
- Enabling Green Shipping and meeting evolving regulatory requirements and objectives.
- Because PROPit’s solution is designed to minimize handling - automating control and management.
- Because PROPits solution is also designed to meet maritime safety standards.
PROPit delivers modern wind turbine technology to the shipping industry.